Introduction to application management
To deploy web and mobile applications, add the application from the Centrify App Catalog, modify the application settings, and assign roles to the application to specify who has access to the application.
You can also configure the application so that it’s automatically installed for users, or so that users can optionally add it as desired.
In general, each user can access the web application either from a mobile device or the user web portal.
- In the user portal, users can see the applications deployed for automatic installation on the MyApps page. Users can add optional applications by clicking Add Apps.
- On mobile devices, users can see their automatically assigned web applications on the Apps tab of the WebApps screen in the Centrify Identity Services application.
- Optional web applications do not display on mobile devices. Users can add optional web applications by using the user portal, and then the applications display on the device.
- Users can see their optional mobile applications from the user portal MyApps page.
- For Samsung KNOX-capable devices, the following situations apply:
- If you have enabled the group policy to allow container creation, the web applications only display in the Centrify application inside the Samsung KNOX container—regardless of whether or not the container is created yet. The web applications are not available outside of the container.
- If you haven’t yet enabled the group policy to allow container creation, the web applications only display in the Centrify application on the device, outside of the Samsung KNOX container.