How to use the generic user-password template (an overview):
- Discover the login URL where the user-password web application accepts authentication requests and the names of the form data fields used to accept user name and password. Do this using POST analysis in a web browser (described later).
- Add “Generic User-Password” to the application list in the Admin Portal and open its entry to configure the template.
- Use the general user-password application template to configure the basics of a new user-password application profile: application name, an icon, the login URL for authentication, a way to determine the user name, and so on.
- Specify roles that have access to the custom user-password application.
- Save the new custom user-password application profile so that it appears with its new name in Admin Portal’s application list.