System administrators can create and configure custom attributes for systems and accounts. In addition, any user with edit permissions on a system or account can set or modify the attribute values.
Note: You can also create and modify additional attributes using the API.
To create a custom attribute:
Note: Only system administrators can create a custom attribute
- In the Admin Portal, navigate to Settings > Resources > Additional attributes.
- Depending on where you want to add your attribute, choose the Systems or Accounts tab.
- Click Add.
- Fill in the attribute information.
Note: The attribute name must contain an underscore. This prevents name conflicts with the existing built-in attributes.
To view or modify attribute values for a system or account:
- In the Admin Portal, navigate to Resources > Systems.
- Click the system that contains your attribute.
- Click Additional Attributes to see a list of the system's additional attributes.
- To change a system attribute value, click the icon next to the existing attribute value to bring up the edit mode, change the value and click Save.
- Click the Accounts tab and choose the account that contains your account attribute.
- Click Additional Attributes to see a list of the account's additional attributes.
- To change an account attribute value, click the icon next to the existing attribute value and click Save.
To view your attribute values in the data dictionary:
- In the Admin Portal, navigate to Reports.
- The attributes appear in the Data Dictionary list under the following tables :