If you are the owner of a secret text string or stored file, you can view or download the secrets you own. If you are in a role with the appropriate administrative rights and have been granted the Retrieve Secret permission, or the secret is located in a folder that grants you the Retrieve Secret permission, you can view or download secrets.
There are different ways to navigate to the Retrieve action. After you select this action, however, the steps are similar.
To retrieve a secret:
- In the Admin Portal, click Resources, then click Secrets to display the list of secrets.
- Select a secret to display its details.
- Click the Actions menu, then click Retrieve.
- If the secret is a text string, you can display or copy the text, then close or cancel the retrieval options box.
- If the secret is a stored file that is not protected by a password, you can click the file name to download it.
- If the secret is a stored file that is protected by a password, you can show or copy the password so that you can provide this information where required. You can then click the file name to download the file.
You should note that if you store an optional password with a secret file, that password is not used to retrieve the file. The password and the file are simply stored together for your convenience. You might be prompted to provide the password when you attempt to open the file after downloading it.