After you create one or more multiplexed accounts, you can check the list of multiplexed accounts to see which sub-account had its updated most recently or if there were issues that prevented password rotation. For example, if you have changed one of the sub-accounts used to run a service, you might check the list of multiplexed accounts to see which sub-account is being used to run the service and whether any issues are reported.
To view the status of multiplexed accounts:
- In the Admin Portal, click Resources, then click Accounts to display the list of accounts.
- Click Multiplexed Accounts.
- Check which sub-account displays the (Latest) label to indicate the most recent password change.
- This is the sub-account currently being used to run the service.
- Check whether the Issues column indicates problems finding the target, setting the credentials or accessing the service.
The most common issues you might see are these:
- Failed to restart
- Failed to set credentials
- Service does not exist
- Administration credentials are not valid
- Cannot contact system