To provide “retrieve secrets” workflow for secrets, you can enable secrets workflow as a feature that applies to secrets stored in the Privileged Access Service. You can also use the global setting in conjunction with the following secret-specific settings to restrict access requests for some secrets or modify the user or role with approval authority.
To enable secrets workflow for a specific secret
- In the Admin Portalclick Resources > Secrets to list all the secrets.
- From the list of secrets or secrets in any folders, select the specific secret for which you want to enable workflow.
- In the Enable Secret Workflow dropdown, select Yes.
- From the Approver List, select either Requestor's Manager or Specified User or Role.
Note: If using Requestor's Manager approver, and the requestor has no manager, you can select automatically approve, deny, or route to another user/role.
- Click Add and select user and role.
- Once added, click Save.