Any user who has an account in the Privileged Access Service can request access to applications that the administrator has configured with a “request and approval” work flow. No special privileges are required to make requests or approve requests.
To request access to an application
- Log on to the Admin Portal.
- Click Apps > Add Web Apps.
Type a search string to find the application of interest in the catalog, then right-click or select the check box next to the application.
Select Request Launch from the Actions menu.
Only applications with workflow enabled display a Request Launch option.
Select either Permanent or Windowed in the Assignment Type drop-down menu.
- Permanent - if the request is granted, the user will have access to the app for an indefinite time period, or until it is revoked by an administrator.
- Windowed - if the request is granted, the user will have access to the app for the specified window, or until it is revoked by an administrator.
(Optional) Select the start and end date and time if the request is for a windowed assignment type.
- Type the business reason for requesting access to the application, then click Submit to continue.
Click Close to close the App Catalog.
An email notification of your request is sent directly to the designated approver. You can click the Requests tab to see the status of your request. You will also receive an email notification when you request is approved or rejected. If your request was approved, the email will include a link to open the Admin Portal.