After you have analyzed the environment, you should prepare the Active Directory groups to use. You can then install administrative consoles and the auditing infrastructure.
Here are the key steps involved:
- (Optional) Create the additional Active Directory security groups for your organization.
- Groups can simplify permission management and the separation-of-duties security model.
- Install Audit Manager and Audit Analyzer on at least one administrative Windows computer.
- Create a new audit installation and a management database on one computer.
- Create an audit store and audit store database on at least one computer.
- Install a collector on at least two computers.