Enabling detailed logging for the collector service
If you are troubleshooting an auditing-related issue, you should enable detailed logging for the collector service on the computers where the collector service runs.
To enable detailed logging on a collector:
- Log on to a computer with a collector service.
- Click Start > All Programs > Centrify Audit & Monitoring Service > Audit Collector Control Panel to open the Collector Control Panel. >
- Click the Troubleshooting tab.
- Click Options, change the logging level to Trace messages, then click Apply.
- Note the log folder location or click Browse to specify a different location for the log file, then click OK.
- Click View Log to view the current log file.
From the log file window, you can also click File > Save As to save the log file.
Click Close to close the Collector Control Panel.
Send an email to Centrify Support with the log file from the location specified in Step 5 as an attachment.
Open the Collector Control Panel, click the Troubleshooting tab, click Options, change the logging level back to its default setting of Informational messages, then click OK.