Exporting installation information
If you have an Active Directory account with permission to access installation information, you can export the service connection point that contains the installation information to a file in LDAP Data Interchange Format (LDIF). Exporting installation information can be useful if you want to add the domain for a perimeter network to an existing installation. After exporting installation information to a file, you can modify the file—for example, to use a different domain component—then import the modified file using the ldifde command.
To export and import installation information:
- Open Audit Manager.
- Select the installation name, right-click, then click Properties.
- Click the Publication tab.
- Select the Active Directory location, then click Export.
- Select a file location and type a file name, then click Save.
- Click OK to close the installation properties.
- Use a text editor to modify the file, as needed.
For example, you might use a different domain component—such as
DC=dmz1,DC=ajax, DC=orgin place of
DC=internal, DC=ajax, DC=org—to differentiate between the perimeter and internal networks.
- Import the modified file using a command similar to the following in a Command Prompt window:
ldifde -i -f C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\sample-dmz.ldif