To create a new shared query:
- Open Audit Analyzer, select Audit Sessions, right-click, then select New Shared Query.
- Type the query name and select the session type, grouping, ordering, and other criteria for the query.
If you need more information about specifying information for any field in the new query,
see Creating a new quick query.
Click Add to add another filter to the criteria for the query, or click OK to save the query and find the sessions that match the criteria you have specified.
Expand Shared Queries, select the query name you specified in Step 2, right-click, then select Properties.
Click the Security tab.
Type the user or group name to identify the auditors who should have permission to use this query, then click OK.
You can add multiple users or groups from the Select Users or Groups dialog box. You can also type part of the name, then click Check Names to look up user and group names.
- Select each user or group, then select the appropriate permissions.
Searching for shared queries
After you publish queries and give other users permission to access them, other auditors can search for and select the shared queries they want to use. The shared queries are not automatically visible to users who have permission to use them.
To find shared queries you have permission to use:
- Open Audit Analyzer, select Audit Sessions, right-click, then select Open Shared Queries.
- Type the query name or click Show existing queries, then click Find Now.
- Select one or more queries from the results returned, then click OK to add the query to your list of Shared Queries.