To support the auditing infrastructure, you can use the following types of authentication:
- Windows authentication for creating new databases.
- Windows authentication or both SQL Server authentication and Windows authentication for connections between collectors and audit stores.
- Windows authentication or both SQL Server authentication and Windows authentication for connections between audit stores and the audit management database.
- SQL Server authentication for collectors in an untrusted forest and an audit store in a trusted forest.
- SQL Server authentication for audit store databases in a trusted forest and audit management database in an untrusted forest.
If you choose Windows authentication, you can perform actions with your own logon account or using another Windows account name and password.