Configuring servers to use the proxy service
Before you can use the Centrify OpenLDAP proxy service to look up information stored in Active Directory, the network appliance, storage device, or file server you want to use must be configured to use LDAP to look up user and group information. In most cases, this is an option you configure when setting up a server or device.
If your vendor supports connecting to LDAP servers for authentication and authorization services, configuring the server or device to use the Centrify OpenLDAP proxy requires the following high-level steps:
- Install Access Manager, create at least one zone, and add users to the zone.
- Install the Centrify agent on a Linux or UNIX computer and join the computer to an Active Directory domain.
- Install the centrifydc-ldapproxy package on the Linux or UNIX computer.
- Start the centrify-ldapproxy service and verify proper operation.
- Set up the network appliance, storage device, or file server to use the Centrify OpenLDAP proxy service to look up user and group information.
- Test the solution for proper end-to-end operation.