Assign the role as a computer-level override
To make a role assignment on an individual computer:
- Open Access Manager.
- Expand Zones and the individual parent or child zones required to select the zone name that contains the computer for which you want to define a computer-level role assignment.
- Expand Computers, then select the specific computer on which you want to make a role assignment.
- Select Role Assignments, right-click, then click Assign Role.
- Select the role definition you created for temporary root access, such as emergency_access, then click OK.
Click Add AD Account to search for and select the Active Directory user who should have temporary root access:
- Leave User as the object to find.
- Optionally, type all or part of the use name.
- Click Find Now.
Select the user in the results, then click OK.
- Deselect Start immediately and set a specific Start time for the role assignment.
- Deselect Never expire and set a specific End time for the role assignment.
- Click OK.