Filtering the objects displayed
For performance or security reasons, you might want to filter or limit the objects displayed in the Access Manager console. Depending on your environment, you might want to display more or less information by setting filter options. These filter settings enable you to control both the number and type of objects displayed. You should note, however, that these settings can affect the performance of the console.
To filter the objects listed in Access Manager:
- Open Access Manager.
- In the console tree, select Access Manager, right-click, then click Options.
- Click the Filter Settings tab.
Select Load all zones to automatically open either all zones in the connected forest or all zones in a specific parent container.
- If you select this option and connected forest all zones in the forest are opened automatically each time you start Access Manager. Selecting this option prevents you from opening or closing any zones manually. Depending on the number of zones you have, you might experience slower performance in the console if you select this option.
- If you select this option and container, you can then click Browse to search for a container from which to automatically load zones. Selecting this option prevents you from opening or closing any zones manually. Depending on the number of zones you have in the selected container, you might experience slower performance in the console if you select this option.
- Select Show disabled Active Directory accounts to display disabled computer and user accounts or uncheck this option to hide disabled objects.
Select Show orphans to display all users, groups, and computers that have a UNIX profile or uncheck this option to hide all orphan profiles.
Orphan profiles are the service connection points that no longer have a corresponding Active Directory object. Hiding or removing orphan profiles can improve console performance. For information about locating orphan profiles by running an analysis on the Active Directory forest, see Analyzing information in Active Directory.
- Select Show Auto Zone to display the users, groups, and computers that have joined the Auto Zone or uncheck this option to hide Auto Zone information.
Set the Maximum number of items to be displayed in the list option to limit the total number of objects displayed in the console, up to total maximum allowed (65535).
This setting applies to all of the objects displayed in Access Manager, including zones, computers, users, groups, pending users, pending groups, NIS maps, and all defined rights, roles, and role assignments. Lowering the maximum number of items displayed improves performance when browsing the listed items. Note that this setting does not affect the number of items you can define, only the number displayed.
- Click OK.