When you create a new installation, you become the primary administrator for that installation. As the primary administrator and Master Auditor, you have full control over the entire installation and the ability to delegate administrative tasks to any other Active Directory user or group. When you grant administrative rights to designated users and groups, you make them “trustees” with permission to perform specific operations. You can set granular permissions to tightly control what specific users can do or grant broad authority over operations in an installation.
If you have a large or widely-distributed installation, you can also install additional Audit Manager and Audit Analyzer consoles for the users who have been delegated administrative tasks to use.
To delegate administrative tasks to other users:
- Open Audit Manager.
- Select the installation name, right-click, then click Properties.
- Click the Security tab to delegate administrative tasks for the entire installation.
- Click Add to add Active Directory users or groups to the list of trustees who granted any type of rights on this installation.
- Select a user or group listed, then select the appropriate rights for that trustee, then click OK.
The following table lists the rights available.
Select this permission To grant these rights to a trustee
- All operations on the selected installation.
- Add or remove users and groups as trustees for the installation.
- Modify permissions for trustees on the selected installation.
- Modify display name for the selected installation.
Manage Management Database List
- Add or remove management databases for the selected installation.
Manage Audit Store List
- Add or remove audit stores for the selected installation.
- Enable a trusted group of collectors for this audit store.
- Add a collector to the trusted group of collector in this audit store.
- Remove collector from the trusted collectors in this audit store.
- Remove disconnected collector records from this audit store.
Manage Audited Systems
- Enable trusted group of audited computers for this audit store.
- Add a computer to the trusted group of audited computers in this audit store.
- Remove a computer from the trusted group of audited computers in this audit store.
- Remove disconnected audited computer records from this audit store.
Manage Audit Role
- Add, modify, or remove audit roles in the selected installation.
- Assign users and groups to audit roles.
- Remove users and groups from roles.
- Add, modify, or remove queries in the selected installation.
- Add or remove publication locations for the selected installation.
- Add or remove license keys for the selected installation.
- Enable or disable audit notification in the selected installation.
- Select the notification message.
- Select a banner image.
Modify Audit Options
- Enable or disable the option to capture video of all user activity on audited computers.
- Control whether users are allowed to update the review status of their own sessions.
- Control whether users are allowed to delete their own sessions.
- Enable to view audited computers and sessions.
- Click OK to complete the delegation of administrative rights for the selected installation.
You can also delegate administrative tasks for individual audit stores and management databases, and set permissions on audit roles. For information about delegating administrative tasks for audit stores, see Configuring permissions for an audit store. For information about delegating administrative tasks for management databases, see Configuring permissions for the management database.
For information about setting permissions on audit roles, see Managing audit roles and auditors.