In addition to the information available in the Audit Manager console, the Windows computers on which you have installed a Centrify agent for Windows with audit and monitoring service enabled include a local agent configuration panel applet. The agent configuration panel displays information about current connectivity and status for the local agent. You can use the agent configuration panel to configure the color depth, offline storage, or installation if you want to make changes after the initial deployment. You can also use the agent configuration panel to generate diagnostic information about the agent.
To use the agent configuration panel:
- Log on to the computer on which you have installed a Centrify agent for Windows with audit and monitoring service enabled.
- In the list of applications on the Windows Start menu, click Agent Configuration to open the agent configuration panel.
- Click Centrify Auditing and Monitoring Service.
- Click Settings.
- On the General tab, click Configure to change the color depth, offline storage file location and maximum size, and the installation to use for the local agent.
Note: The offline storage location should be an empty folder. If you select a folder that contains any files other than the spooled audit data, those files may be moved or lost.
The General tab also displays current configuration and status for the local agent. If you make changes to the configuration, the new information is displayed after a short period of time. If the agent cannot connect to any collector, it spools audit data to the offline data location. When it finds a collector, the agent sends the spooled data to it. The offline storage space is not reclaimed until all of the spooled data has been sent to a collector.
- Click the Troubleshooting tab, then click Diagnostics to generate diagnostic information about the installation the agent is part of, the collector the agent sends data to, the size of offline storage, and other information. For example:
After you generate diagnostic information, you can right-click to select all of the text. With the text selected, right-click, and select Copy to copy and paste the diagnostic report into a text file.
- Click Options to specify the level of detail to include in the log file or to turn off logging.
The default log level reports informational messages, warnings, and errors. You can click View Log to see information in the current log file.
- Click Close to return to the agent configuration panel.