Enabling detailed logging for an audited computer
If you are troubleshooting an audit and monitoring service-related issue, you should enable detailed logging for the audit and monitoring service service on the computers being audited. For Windows computers, you can enable detailed logging using the agent configuration panel.
To enable detailed logging on an audited computer:
- Log on to an audited computer.
- In the list of applications on the Windows Start menu, click Agent Configuration to open the agent configuration panel.
- Click Centrify Audit & Monitoring Service.
- Click Settings.
- Click the Troubleshooting tab.
- Click Options, change the logging level to Trace messages, then click OK.
- Note the log folder location or click Browse to specify a different location for the log file, then click OK.
- Click View Log to view the current log file.
From the log file window, you can also click File > Save As to save the log file.
Send an email to Centrify Support with the log file from the location specified in Step 7 as an attachment.
Click Options, change the logging level back to its default setting of Informational messages, then click OK.
Click Close to return to the agent configuration panel.