In addition to the information available in the Audit Manager console, the Windows computers on which you have installed a collector provide a local Collector Control Panel applet. The Collector Control Panel displays information about current connectivity and status for the local collector. You can use the control panel to configure the collector port number, installation, and authentication type if you want to make changes after the initial deployment. You can also use the control panel to start, stop, or restart the collector service, and to generate diagnostic information about the collector.
- Log on to the computer on which you have installed a collector.
- In the list of applications on the Windows Start menu, click Audit Collector Control Panel to open the audit collector control panel.
- On the General tab, click Configure to change the port number, installation, or type of authentication to use when connecting to the audit store.
The General tab also displays current configuration and status for the local collector service. If you make changes, the new information is displayed after a short period of time.
- Click Stop if you want to temporarily stop a running service, or Restart if you want to stop and immediately restart a running collector service.
- Click the Troubleshooting tab, then click Diagnostics to generate diagnostic information about the installation the collector is part of, the Active Directory site or subnets associated with the audit store the collector connects to, the collector status, and other information. For example:
After you generate diagnostic information, you can right-click to select all of the text. With the text selected, right-click, and select Copy to copy and paste the diagnostic report into a text file.
- Click Options to specify the level of detail to include in the log file or to turn off logging.
The default log level reports informational messages, warnings, and errors. You can click View Log to see information in the current log file.
- Click Close to return to the agent configuration panel.