Create an Active Directory group for a set of computers
Computer roles create links between objects in Active Directory and access rights defined in Access Manager. After you have identified a group of computers that share a common attribute, you should create an Active Directory group for those computers if one does not already exist.
You can also create the computer group and add its members directly from Access Manager when you create the computer role. If you are not preparing the Active Directory group before creating the computer role, you can skip this section and go directly to Create a new computer role.
To create an Active Directory group for computers in a computer role:
- Open Active Directory Users and Computers to create a new Active Directory group.
- For example, create a new Active Directory group for Oracle Database Servers.
- Select the new computer group, right-click, then click Properties.
- Click the Members tab, then click Add.
- Click Object Types, select Computers, then click OK.
- Search for and select the computers that you have identified as Oracle database servers as members of the new group, then click OK.
- Click OK to save the group.