To create a new computer role:
- Open Access Manager.
- Expand Zones and the parent zone or child zones until you see the zone that has the computer for which you want to define a computer role.
- Expand the Authorization node.
- Select Computer Roles, right-click and click Create Computer Role.
- Type a name and description for the computer role.
For example, type
OracleServers, and an optional description, such as
Oracle database servers in the San Francisco data center.
- In Computers group list, select <...> to search for the Active Directory group of computers you created in Create an Active Directory group for a set of computers.
Select <Create group > if you want to create a new Active Directory group of computers and add members now. If you are creating a new group, click Browse to select a container to use, type a group name, and select the scope of the group, then click OK.
Click OK to save the computer role.
If you selected an existing computer group, expand Computer Roles > Members to see the computers that are members of this computer role.
If you created a new computer group at Step 6, select the new computer role, right-click Members, then select Add Computer to search for and select one or more computers to add to the group.