Exporting and importing information from one zone to another is the best solution if you want to include most or all information about rights and roles in a new zone. If you want to limit the information copied from one zone to another, you can copy and paste or drag and drop the information instead. With copy and paste, you can select specific right definitions, role definitions, or role assignments that you want to include in a new zone.
To copy role assignments from one zone to another, however, you should verify that the role definition associated with the role assignment exists in the new zone or is included in the information you are copying to the new zone.
- Open the Access Manager.
- Expand Zones and the parent zone or child zones until you see the zone that has the rights, role definitions, or role assignments you want to copy.
- Expand the Authorization node.
- Expand Window Right Definitions, Role Definitions, or Role Assignments until you see the specific right, role, or role assignment you want to copy.
- Select the specific right, role definition, or role assignment to copy, right-click, then click Copy.
- Open a different zone and expand Authorization > Windows Right Definitions, Role Definitions, or Role Assignments, right-click, then click Paste.
Alternatively, you can select a specific right, role definition, or role assignment and drag it to the appropriate node in a new zone.