You cannot use the
autorun.exe or the
setup.exe program to install components on a computer that is configured to run as a Server Core environment. Instead, you must install from Microsoft Installer (
.msi) files using the
msiexec command-line program.
To install the Centrify Agent for Windows on Server Core:
- Use the Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) or another command-line tool to enable the .NET Framework.
For example, if the .NET Framework is located on the installation media in the
D:\sources\sxsfolder, use the following command:
DISM /Online /Enable-Feature /FeatureName:NetFx3 /All /LimitAccess /Source:D:\sources\sxs
- Copy the Centrify Agent for Windows files to the Server Core computer.
copy D:\Common\Centrify* C:\CentrifyAgent
copy D:\Agent\* C:\CentrifyAgent
- Install the Centrify Common Component service using the
For example, to install the Centrify Common Component on a computer with 64-bit architecture, you might use the following command:
msiexec /i "Centrify Common Component64.msi" /qn
- Install the Centrify Agent for Windows using the
For example, to install the Centrify Agent for Windows with identity management, privilege elevation, auditing, and monitoring features enabled on a computer with 64-bit architecture, you might run the following command:
msiexec /qn /i "Centrify Agent for Windows64.msi" ADDLOCAL=ALL
You can also choose to install the specify the option to retrieve the zone data before the computer restarts. This option can be helpful in situations where you might lose connection to the domain after restarting, such as when you're using a VPN connection. To specify that the agent retrieves zone data before the computer restarts, run the following command:
msiexec /i "Centrify Agent for Windows64.msi" /qn TRANSFORMS="Group Policy Deployment.mst" ZONEDATA="YES"
- Restart the computer with the appropriate shutdown options to complete the installation and start agent services.
For example, you might run the following command: