You cannot use the
autorun.exe or the
setup.exe program to install components on a computer that is configured to run as a Server Core environment. Instead, you must install from Microsoft Installer (
.msi) files using the
msiexec command-line program.
To install the Centrify Agent for Windows on Server Core:
- Use the Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) or another command-line tool to enable the .NET Framework.
For example, if you are using Windows Server 2012 or later and the .NET Framework is located on the installation media in the
D:\sources\sxsfolder, use the following command:
DISM /Online /Enable-Feature /FeatureName:NetFx3 /All /LimitAccess /Source:D:\sources\sxs
To install .NET Framework on Windows Server 2008 R2, run the following commands to enable the required features:
Dism /Online /Enable-Feature /FeatureName:NetFx2-ServerCore-WOW64
Dism /Online /Enable-Feature /FeatureName:NetFx3-ServerCore-WOW64
Dism /Online /Enable-Feature /FeatureName:NetFx2-ServerCore
Dism /Online /Enable-Feature /FeatureName:NetFx3-ServerCore
- Copy the Centrify Agent for Windows files to the Server Core computer.
copy D:\Common\Centrify* C:\CentrifyAgent
copy D:\Agent\* C:\CentrifyAgent
- Install the Centrify Common Component service using the
For example, to install the Centrify Common Component on a computer with 64-bit architecture, you might use the following command:
msiexec /i "Centrify Common Component64.msi" /qn
- Install the Centrify Agent for Windows using the
Run the following command:
msiexec /i "Centrify Agent for Windows64.msi" /qn
- Restart the computer with the appropriate shutdown options to complete the installation and start agent services.
For example, you might run the following command:
Note that restarting the computer is not required if you install only auditing features.