Group policies in Active Directory
This chapter provides an overview of how to use group policies configuration management in an Active Directory environment. It includes an introduction to the concept of Group Policy Objects on Windows and a summary of how group policies settings are inherited through an Active Directory structure.
The following topics are covered:
- Configuring computer and user settings
- How group policies are applied
- Editing a Group Policy Object
- Selecting computer or user settings
- Applying policies in nested organizational units
- Configuring group policies to be refreshed
Note: This chapter only provides an overview of key concepts for working with group policies and Group Policy Objects. For more complete information about creating and using group policies and working with Group Policy Objects, see your Active Directory documentation. If you are already familiar with group policies and inheritance rules for Group Policy Objects, you can skip this chapter.