Creating generic custom maps
You can create generic maps to publish any type of custom information that you want to make available to NIS clients. Generic custom maps consist of a simple key/value format and optional comments. You can also use generic maps to manually create standar
To add a custom map to Active Directory:
- Open Access Manager.
- In the console tree, select Zones, and open the specific zone you want to work with.
- In the console tree, select NIS Maps and right-click; then click New and select Generic Map.
- Type a name for the new map; then click OK.
- In the details pane, select the new map, right-click; then click New > Map entry.
Type the appropriate information for the map record you are adding; then click OK. For example:
- Type the Key to use in a client request for looking up the corresponding value.
- Type the Value associated with the key.
- Type any optional Comments for the key/value pair.