Create a new Active Directory user account
Note: In most cases, you submit a request for a new account to be created using the procedure defined for your organization. For example, you might submit a request by filling out a service desk ticket and have the request serviced by a member of the account fulfillment team. The steps in this section only apply if you have permission to create new Active Directory user accounts. If you are not responsible for creating new Active Directory user principals, you can skip the following procedure.
To create a new Active Directory user for a service account:
- Start Active Directory Users and Computers.
- Expand the forest domain and the top-level UNIX organizational unit you created in Selecting a location for the top-level OU.
- Select Service Accounts, right-click, then select New > User.
- Type a name and account login information for the service account, then click Next.
Type and confirm the password to use for the service account in Active Directory, select the User cannot change password and Password never expires options, then click Next.
The password must conform to your existing password policies for Active Directory users.
If you are creating a new user to replace a shared account, type the password currently in use if it is acceptable within your site’s Active Directory rules for password complexity. If you use the shared password, you should change the password after migration. If the current password is not complex enough, you should type a new password that complies or contact the Active Directory Enterprise Administrator for alternatives.
- Click Finish to complete the creation of the new user principal.