Verify authentication for an authorized user
To verify that an authorized Active Directory user can log on to a UNIX computer:
- Restart the computer to display a logon screen or prompt.
Log on with the Active Directory user account you created for testing and provide the Active Directory password for that account.
- The user account must have a complete UNIX profile.
- The user account must be assigned the UNIX Login role.
- If the user account has been configured to set a new password at the next logon, you should be prompted to change the password. In this case, you must type and confirm the new password before continuing.
- Log on using the UNIX login name for the user account and the Active Directory password.
- Type commands to check the UID and GID assignments, home directory ownership, and other information for the logged on user.