If you choose to use more than one license container in the forest, you can assign a specific license container to an individual zone. This option is useful if you want to manage zones independently with each zone using its own set of license keys rather than having all zones use a common pool of licenses. If you assign a specific license container to a zone, however, only the license keys installed in that container can be used for the computers in that zone.
For example, if you create a license container object named ajax.org/Performix Licenses, add a license key for 10 Workstation license to that container, and assigned that container to the Performix Division zone, those 10 workstation licenses are available specifically for the computers you add to the Performix Division zone.
To assign a license container to a zone:
- Open the Access Manager console.
- If prompted to connect to a forest, specify a domain controller, and, if needed, the user credentials for connecting to the domain controller, then click OK.
- In the console tree, select Zones to display the list of zones.
- Select a zone and right-click, then click Properties.
- On the General tab, select a specific Licenses container from the list of available License containers for the zone to use, then click OK.