Email is sent to a list of recipients when a license is deployed. Routine notices are sent if license usage is below 90% (or a different threshold if you specify one). Warnings are sent if usage thresholds are exceeded. The default thresholds that trigger email warnings are 90%, 100%, and 120%.
Typical email notification appears as follows, and includes an attachment of the latest report generated by the Licensing Report wizard (not shown here):
From: "Centrify Licensing Service" <email@example.com> To: "System Administrator" <firstname.lastname@example.org> Subject: Notice from Centrify: You are deploying 17% of your DirectControl/DirectAuthorize UNIX licenses, 20% of your DirectAuthorize Windows licenses, and 30% of your total DirectAudit licenses. Date: Monday, October 31, 2016 12:00 AM DirectControl/DirectAuthorize UNIX usage: 13 out of 75 DirectAuthorize Windows usage: 5 out of 25 Total DirectAudit usage: 15 out of 50 === DirectControl/DirectAuthorize Usage Summary === UNIX Server: 5 used, 50 licensed UNIX Workstation: 5 used, 25 licensed UNIX without license type: 3 used Windows Server: 2 used, 25 licensed Windows Workstation: 3 used, 0 licensed DirectControl/DirectAuthorize Evaluation: 0 licensed DirectControl UNIX - Express: 0 used Mac systems: 0 used zLinux systems: 0 used === DirectAudit Usage Summary === UNIX Server: 5 used, 25 licensed UNIX Workstation: 5 used, 0 licensed UNIX without license type: 0 used Windows Server: 2 used, 25 licensed Windows Workstation: 3 used, 0 licensed DirectAudit Evaluation: 0 licensed zLinux systems: 0 used
You can configure email notification details such as the list of recipients, SMTP server settings, whether to omit some system information from the report attached to the notification email, and one license usage threshold that replaces the default 90% threshold.
To configure license usage email notification:
- Open the Licensing Service control panel Settings tab.
- In the Notification section, click Configure.
To add or remove a user on the email recipient list:
- To remove the user from the list of recipients, highlight the user name and click Remove.
- To add a user to the list of recipients, click Add in the Recipients section. Type the email address and display name for the user and click OK.
To configure SMTP server settings:
- Type the display name and email address of the user who is the email sender.
- Type the host name or IP address of the outbound email server and specify a port number.
- If the outbound email server requires secured password authentication for login, select This server requires authentication and type the name and password of a user with login permission. If the outbound email server does not require secured password authentication for login, leave this check box unchecked.
- To optionally test the SMTP configuration, click Test and specify a recipient for the test email message.
- To specify that a warning is sent when license usage exceeds a threshold other than 90%, select Warn when the usage reached and specify a threshold value from 1% to 89%. The threshold that you specify is used instead of the default 90% threshold.
- The license usage report generated by the Licensing Report wizard is included as an attachment in email notification. To omit host, zone, and installation names from the attachment, select Hide host, zone and installation names from the attached licensing report.
Note: Depending on how a recipient’s email filters are configured, notification email might be redirected to a recipient’s junk or spam folder. If a recipient is not receiving email as expected, check the recipient’s junk or spam folder. If necessary, modify the recipient’s email filters so that notification email is not directed to the junk or spam folder.
Note: By default, if the license usage report is 10 MB or larger, the service sends the report as a .zip file instead of a plain text attachment.
You can add the following registry setting to configure the size for which the service attaches the report as .zip file:
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Centrify\Licensing Service\ReportNotificationCompressionThreshold as a DWORD registry setting. Enter the value as the number of MB for the file size threshold. For example, a value of 3 will make sure that licensing reports that are 3 MB or larger are sent as zip files.