If you have authentication and privilege elevation features or audit and monitoring service features deployed, the counted/uncounted information in report Section 2 includes remarks about the following computers:
- Uncounted computers with authentication and privilege elevation licenses.
- Counted and uncounted computers with audit and monitoring service licenses.
Remarks provide additional information about why a computer is uncounted, and other significant information to be aware of. See Example 7: Counted audit and monitoring service computers and Example 8: Uncounted computers of all license types for examples of remarks strings.
The Remarks string can have the following values:
Duplicated if an audit and monitoring service agent was migrated from one installation to another (such as during an upgrade), and the time stamp of the agent from the earlier installation has not expired.
Computers with duplicated licenses are not counted. That is, the license is only counted once.
Excluded due to null zone if the computer was not counted because it is joined to the null zone.
Computers with authentication and privilege elevation features (DirectControl and DirectAuthorize licenses) are not counted if they are joined to the null zone.
Computers with audit and monitoring service features (DirectAudit licenses) are included in the auditing license count even if they are joined to the null zone.
- Excluded due to zoneless mode if the computer has a zone mode of Zoneless (that is, the computer has the Centrify agent installed but is not connected to a zone).
- Excluded due to express mode if the computer has a Centrify Express agent installed.
- Inactive if the computer has a status of Inactive as described in Status information for managed and audited computers.
- None if no additional information is required.
Orphaned if the computer profile exists in the zone but the corresponding Active Directory computer object has been removed.
Orphaned computers with authentication and privilege elevation features (DirectControl and DirectAuthorize licenses) are not included in the license count. You can use Access Manager to delete orphan profiles as described in Preparing to run the Licensing Report wizard.
Orphaned computers with audit and monitoring service features (DirectAudit licenses) are included in the auditing license count if the computer has communicated with a collector within 45 days prior to the date that the report was run.
- Unknown logon time if the computer has never joined the domain. This situation typically occurs when you use Access Manager to prepare a UNIX computer prior to joining the computer to the domain. Computers with an unknown logon time are not included in the license count.
- Vault-based systems are your Windows, UNIX, and/or network devices that are managed by and audited by the Centrify Server Suite.