User Configuration > Policies > Centrify Settings > Mac OS X Settings > Printing Settings > Specify printer list (with model)
The printers that are available to a user are a combination of those specified in this policy and those added through System Preferences on the local computer. Note that this policy allows an administrator to control whether the user can add or see printers on the local computer, or is only allowed to use the managed printers specified by this policy.
Specify a managed list of network printers that are available to a user on this computer. Printers specified by this policy use a generic PostScript driver.
To add a printer, click Add and enter the following information:
- Name: A name of your choosing for the printer.
- DeviceURI: The device Uniform Resource Identifier, which specifies the device that is assigned to the printer (see Specifying the device URI); for example:
socket://192.168.0.20:9100(which identifies the protocol, IP address, and port number)
cdcsmb://dc1.acme.com/HPLaserJet2(which identifies a Windows printer added using the Centrify protocol and identified by hostname.)
- (Optional) Model: The printer driver for the printer model (see Specifying the model (printer driver)); for example:
HP Photosmart C6100 series. Fax
You can use the following options to control access to the printers on the local computer:
- Allow user to modify the printer list: Check this option to allow local users to make changes in System Preferences to the printers that have been added by this policy, including deleting them.
Deselect this option to prevent local users from modifying the printers added by this policy.
- Allow printers that connect directly to user’s computer: Check this option to allow users to add their own local printers.
Deselect this option to prevent users from adding local printers.
- Require an administrator password: Check this option to require an administrator’s password when adding local printers.
Only show managed printers: Check this option to allow local users to use only the managed printers specified by this option.
Printers added locally, for example, through System Preferences, will not be visible.
Deselect this option to allow local users to use printers added locally, as well as the managed printers added by this policy.
Printers added through this group policy appear after the next group policy refresh interval.