Domain Controller memory
The domain controller runs slower or stops responding.
You can use the Performance monitor tool to evaluate if the system is operating within adequate capacity thresholds.
Ensure the system has a sufficient amount of RAM. The minimum amount of RAM should be the sum of:
- Active Directory database size (such as the size of the C:\Windows\NTDS\ folder)
- Total SYSVOL size (such as the size of the C:\Windows\SYSVOL folder)
- Operating system recommended amount of RAM
- Vendor recommendations for the agents (antivirus, monitoring, backup, and so on)
- Additional amount of RAM to accommodate growth over the lifetime of the server.