The domain controller runs slower or stops responding.
You can use the Performance monitor tool to evaluate if the system is operating within adequate capacity thresholds.
Ensure the system has a sufficient amount of RAM. The minimum amount of RAM should be the sum of:
- Active Directory database size (such as the size of the C:\Windows\NTDS\ folder)
- Total SYSVOL size (such as the size of the C:\Windows\SYSVOL folder)
- Operating system recommended amount of RAM
- Vendor recommendations for the agents (antivirus, monitoring, backup, and so on)
- Additional amount of RAM to accommodate growth over the lifetime of the server.