Upgrading your report services database
If you’re upgrading from a previous release of report services, you need to make sure that your report database is up to date. You’ll also need to deploy your reports again so that they are based on the updated database.
- Execute stored procedure permission on report database
- Create schema permission on report database
- Create table permission on report database
- Create view permission on report database
- Create stored procedure permission on report database
- Create type permission on report database
- Alter any schema permission on report database
- Insert, Delete, Update, Select and Execute permissions on the schema "Dbo", "RawData", "ReportData", "ReportView" and "ConfigData" on report database
In order to deploy reports, you must have the Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services role of Content Manager. For details for how to grant SSRS roles, see Granting access in SSRS to reports.
To upgrade your report database:
- From the Start menu, locate and run the Centrify Report Services Upgrade and Deployment wizard.
- In the initial screen, click Next to continue.
The wizard upgrades the database automatically.
The database upgrade changes are saved to the database after you exit the wizard later.
If you have deployed reports before, configure where to back up the existing reports and where the new reports will be deployed.
If you haven’t deployed reports before, you’re prompted to specify where to deploy reports.
If desired, you can select the option to not backup nor deploy reports.
Click Next to continue.
In the Summary screen, review the settings and if they’re correct, click Next to continue.
The wizard upgrades your report database.
In the completion screen, click Finish to exit the wizard.
(If the upgrade failed for any reason, the Summary screen displays some details about why the upgrade failed.)
Your report database is updated and your reports are deployed, if you specified the option to do so.
Note: After upgrade, you should perform a full synchronization before an incremental update is allowed. (Ref: CS-40029a)