For evaluation purposes, you can just install the SQL Server Express version that’s packaged with the Centrify Server Suite software.
How to set up an evaluation version of Centrify report services:
Prepare your environment:
Users and groups with required permissions
- service account - the user account that runs the reporting service (in the background)
- installer/administrator - the user account that installs and configures the Centrify reporting service.
- Report administrator - user(s) who can run reports, edit reports, build new reports
- Report reader - user(s) who can view reports but not edit them nor create new ones.
- An existing database instance, if you’re planning to use an existing instance.
- The correct operating system that supports what you need. For evaluation purposes only, you can install all the software on one computer. Be sure to check that your operating system is supported for Centrify software, SQL Server, and Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- You’ve configured Internet Explorer to allow access to the reporting web site. For details, see Adding your report services web site to your Internet Explorer trusted sites.
Run the Centrify installer. Install the report services on ONE computer in your domain.
- Do not install Centrify report services on a domain controller.
- If you’re upgrading from a prior version of Centrify Server Suite or Centrify Server Suite, the Access Manager reports are still there and they are installed anywhere you install Access Manager. In contrast, the new Centrify reporting service installs into one place in your forest. Plus, the database is optimized for reporting and retrieval.
Do the reporting configurations:
- Run the Report Services Configuration wizard to configure the reporting service as needed, including starting the service.
Set up the report security for report administrators by assigning users and groups to SSRS roles. By default, all authenticated users have access to view reports.
- Configure Internet Explorer.
- View and share the reports.
For custom report building, make sure that you’ve installed Report Builder for your version of SQL Server, if you don’t have it installed already. You may need to download this separately.