delete_map_entry command to delete an entry from the currently selected NIS map stored in memory. The
delete_map_entry command changes the NIS map in memory and in Active Directory. You do not need to save the NIS map for the deleted entry to take effect in Active Directory.
This command takes no options.
This command takes the following argument:
Required. Specifies the key of the NIS map entry to delete followed by a colon (:) and the index number of the key.
This command returns nothing if it runs successfully.
This example deletes the NIS map entry with the key value “calla” and index number 1 from the currently selected NIS map.
Before you use this command, you must have a currently selected NIS map stored in memory. The following commands enable you to view and select the NIS map to work with:
- get_nis_maps returns a Tcl list of NIS maps in the currently selected zone.
- list_nis_maps lists to
stdoutall of the NIS maps in the currently selected zone.
- new_nis_map creates a new NIS map and stores it in memory.
- select_nis_map retrieves a NIS map from Active Directory and stores it in memory.
After you have a NIS map stored in memory, you can use the following commands to work with that map’s entries:
- get_nis_map or get_nis_map_with_comment returns a Tcl list of the map entries in the currently selected NIS map.
- get_nis_map_field reads a field value from the currently selected NIS map.
- list_nis_map or list_nis_map_with_comment lists to
stdoutthe map entries in the currently selected NIS map.
- add_map_entry or add_map_entry_with_comment adds an map entry to the currently selected NIS map.