get_zone_users command to check Active Directory and return a Tcl list of zone users defined within the currently selected zone. If executed in a script, this command does not output its list to
stdout, and no output appears in the shell where the script is executed. Use
list_zone_users to output the list to
Classic and hierarchical
This command takes the following option:
Optional. Returns user names in user principal name (UPN) format rather than the default
This command takes no arguments.
This command returns a Tcl list of zone users defined in the currently selected zone. By default, users are listed by
sAMAccountName@domain. You can use the
-upn option to return users listed by user principal name (UPN). If a zone user is an orphan user—that is, its corresponding Active Directory user no longer exists—the user is listed by its security identifier (SID) instead of the
sAMAccountName or user principal name.
This example returns the list of users:
adam.avery brenda.butler chris.carter
Before you use this command, you must have a currently selected zone stored in memory. The following commands enable you to view and select a zone user:
- list_zone_users lists to
stdoutthe zone users and their NSS data in the current zone.
- new_zone_user creates a new zone user and stores it in memory.
- select_zone_user retrieves a zone user from Active Directory and stores it in memory.
After you have a zone user stored in memory, you can use the following commands to work with that zone user:
- delete_zone_user deletes the selected zone user from Active Directory and from memory.
- get_zone_user_field reads a field value from the currently selected zone user.
- save_zone_user saves the selected zone user with its current settings to Active Directory.
- set_zone_user_field sets a field value in the currently selected zone user.