new_pam_app command to create a new PAM application right for the current zone and set the new PAM application as the currently selected PAM application in memory. The new PAM application has no field values set.
new_pam_app does not save the new PAM application to Active Directory. To save the PAM application right, you must first set at least the “application” field using
set_pam_field, then use
save_pam_app. If you don’t save a new PAM application, it will disappear when you select a new PAM application or when the ADEdit session ends.
You can only use the
new_pam_app to create PAM application rights if the currently selected zone is a classic4 or hierarchical zone. The command does not work in other types of zones.
Classic and hierarchical
This command takes no options.
This command takes the following argument:
Required. Specifies the name to assign to the new PAM application access right.
This command returns nothing if it runs successfully.
This example creates a new PAM application access right named
basic in the current zone.
Before you use this command, you must have a currently selected zone stored in memory. The following commands enable you to view and select PAM application rights:
- get_pam_apps returns a Tcl list of PAM application rights in the current zone.
- list_pam_apps lists to
stdoutthe PAM application rights in the currently selected zone.
- select_pam_app retrieves a PAM application right from Active Directory and stores it in memory.
After you have a PAM application right stored in memory, you can use the following commands to work with that PAM application right:
- delete_pam_app deletes the selected PAM application right from Active Directory and from memory.
- get_pam_field reads a field value from the currently selected PAM application right.
- save_pam_app saves the selected PAM application right with its current settings to Active Directory.
- set_pam_field sets a field value in the currently selected PAM application right.