new_zone_computer command to create a new zone computer in the current zone and set the new zone computer as the currently selected zone computer in memory. The new zone computer has no field values set.
new_zone_computer command does not save the new zone computer to Active Directory. To save the new zone computer, you must use
save_zone_computer. If you don’t save a new zone computer, it will disappear when you select another zone computer or when the ADEdit session ends.
new_zone_computer command requires you to specify an Active Directory computer account name. If the computer name you specify is not found in Active Directory, the command does not create the zone computer.
Classic and hierarchical
This command takes no options.
This command takes the following argument:
Required. Specifies the sAMAccountName of an Active Directory computer followed by @ and the domain name where the computer is located.
This command returns nothing if it runs successfully.
This example creates a new zone computer
email@example.com in the current zone. Note that Tcl syntax requires “
$@” to represent a literal “
@”. You could also enclose the argument in braces:
Before you use this command, you must have a currently selected zone stored in memory. The following commands enable you to view and manage the zone computers:
- get_zone_computers returns a Tcl list of the Active Directory names of all zone computers in the current zone.
- list_zone_computers lists to
stdoutthe zone computers in the current zone.
- new_zone_computer creates a new zone computer and stores it in memory.
- select_zone_computer retrieves a zone computer from Active Directory and stores it in memory.
After you have a zone computer stored in memory, you can use the following commands to work with that zone computer:
- delete_zone_computer deletes the zone computer from Active Directory and from memory.
- get_zone_computer_field reads a field value from the currently selected zone computer.
- save_zone_computer saves the zone computer with its current settings to Active Directory.
- set_zone_computer_field sets a field value in the currently selected zone computer.