new_zone_group command to create a new group in the current zone that is based on an existing Active Directory group. If the command is successful, the new zone group becomes the currently selected zone group stored in memory.
new_zone_group command does not set any field values or save the new zone group to Active Directory. Before you can save the new zone group, you must first set at least one field for the new zone group using the
set_zone_group_field command. You can then save the zone group profile using the
Note: If the currently selected zone is a classic zone, you must set all fields for the new zone group before saving the group profile.
If you don’t save a new zone group, it will disappear when you select another zone group or end the ADEdit session.
new_zone_group command requires you to specify an Active Directory group name. The command will search for the group first by the supplied UPN in the specified domain, then by the
sAMAccountname in the specified domain, then by the supplied UPN in any bound domain. If the group name cannot be found, the new zone group is not created.
Classic and hierarchical
This command takes no options.
This command takes the following argument:
Required. Specifies the user principal name (UPN) of an Active Directory group.
This command returns nothing if it runs successfully.
This example creates a new zone group named
firstname.lastname@example.org in the current zone.
Before you use this command, you must have a currently selected zone stored in memory. The following commands enable you to view and select zone groups:
- get_zone_groups returns a Tcl list of the Active Directory names of all zone groups in the current zone.
- list_zone_groups lists to
stdoutthe zone groups in the current zone.
- select_zone_group retrieves a zone group from Active Directory and stores it in memory.
After you have a zone group stored in memory, you can use the following commands to work with that zone group:
- delete_zone_group deletes the selected zone group from Active Directory and from memory.
- get_zone_group_field reads a field value from the current zone group.
- save_zone_group saves the selected zone group with its current settings to Active Directory.
- set_zone_group_field sets a field value in the current zone group.