save_role_assignment command to save the currently selected role assignment stored in memory to Active Directory. You must save the role assignment for any changes you make using ADEdit to take effect in Active Directory. If you select another role assignment or end the ADEdit session before saving the currently selected role assignment, your changes will be lost.
Classic and hierarchical
This command takes no options.
This command takes no arguments.
This command returns nothing if it runs successfully.
This example saves the currently selected role assignment to Active Directory.
Before you use this command, you must have a currently selected zone stored in memory. The following commands enable you to view and select role assignment to work with:
- get_role_assignments returns a Tcl list of role assignments in the current zone.
- list_role_assignments lists to
stdoutthe role assignments in the current zone.
- new_role_assignment creates a new role assignment and stores it in memory.
- select_role_assignment retrieves a role assignment from Active Directory and stores it in memory.
After you have a role assignment stored in memory, you can use the following commands to work with that role assignment’s attributes, delete the role assignment, or save information for the role assignment:
- delete_role_assignment deletes the selected role assignment from Active Directory and from memory.
- get_role_assignment_field reads a field value from the current role assignment.
- save_role_assignment saves the selected role assignment with its current settings to Active Directory.
- set_role_assignment_field sets a field value in the current role assignment.