save_zone command to save the currently selected zone stored in memory to Active Directory. You must save the selected zone for any changes you make using ADEdit to take effect in Active Directory. If you select another zone or end the ADEdit session before saving the currently selected zone, your changes will be lost.
This command only saves fields that are properties in the currently selected zone. The command does not save any users or groups added to a zone. You must save users and groups individually using the save_zone_user and save_zone_group commands.
Classic and hierarchical
This command takes no options.
This command takes no arguments.
This command returns nothing if it runs successfully.
This example saves the currently selected zone or computer role to Active Directory.
Before you use this command, you must have a currently selected zone stored in memory. The following commands enable you to view and select a zone to work with:
- create_zone creates a new zone in Active Directory.
- get_zones returns a Tcl list of all zones within a specified domain.
- select_zone retrieves a zone from Active Directory and stores it in memory.
After you have a zone stored in memory, you can use the following commands to work with that zone:
- delegate_zone_right delegates a zone use right to a specified user or computer.
- delete_zone deletes the selected zone from Active Directory and memory.
- get_child_zones returns a Tcl list of child zones, computer roles, or computer zones.
- get_zone_field reads a field value from the currently selected zone.
- get_zone_nss_vars returns the NSS substitution variable for the selected zone.
- set_zone_field sets a field value in the currently selected zone.