save_zone_group command to save the currently selected zone group stored in memory to Active Directory. You must set at least one field value before you can save a zone group. In classic zones, you must set all field values before you can save a zone group.
You must save the selected zone group for any changes you make using ADEdit to take effect in Active Directory. If you select another zone group or end the ADEdit session before saving the currently selected zone group, your changes will be lost.
Classic and hierarchical
This command takes no options.
This command takes no arguments.
This command returns nothing if it runs successfully.
This example saves the currently selected zone group to Active Directory.
Before you use this command, you must have a currently selected zone stored in memory. The following commands enable you to view and select zone groups:
- get_zone_groups returns a Tcl list of the Active Directory names of all zone groups in the current zone.
- list_zone_groups lists to
stdoutthe zone groups in the current zone.
- new_zone_group creates a new zone group and stores it in memory.
- select_zone_group retrieves a zone group from Active Directory and stores it in memory.
After you have a zone group stored in memory, you can use the following commands to work with that zone group:
- delete_zone_group deletes the selected zone group from Active Directory and from memory.
- get_zone_group_field reads a field value from the currently selected zone group.
- save_zone_group saves the selected zone group with its current settings to Active Directory.
- set_zone_group_field sets a field value in the currently selected zone group.