select_zone_computer command to retrieve a zone computer in the currently selected zone from Active Directory, store it in memory, and make it the currently selected zone computer for subsequent ADEdit commands. The zone computer remains selected until you select another zone computer, delete the zone computer, or end the ADEdit session.
If you use ADEdit commands such as
set_zone_computer_field to change settings for the zone computer, you must save the zone computer using the
save_zone_computer command for your changes to take effect in Active Directory. If you select another zone computer or end the ADEdit session before saving the currently selected zone computer, your changes will be lost.
Classic and hierarchical
This command takes no options.
This command takes the following argument:
Required. Specifies the Active Directory computer’s
You can look up the sAMAccountName for a computer in Active Directory Users and Computers or by running the
This command returns nothing if it runs successfully.
This example looks for the zone computer named
sales2 in the current zone and, if found, selects it as the current zone computer.
Before you use this command, you must have a currently selected zone stored in memory. The following commands enable you to view and manage the zone computers:
- get_zone_computers returns a Tcl list of the Active Directory names of all zone computers in the current zone.
- list_zone_computers lists to
stdoutthe zone computers in the current zone.
- new_zone_computer creates a new zone computer and stores it in memory.
After you have a zone computer stored in memory, you can use the following commands to work with that zone computer:
- delete_zone_computer deletes the zone computer from Active Directory and from memory.
- get_zone_computer_field reads a field value from the currently selected zone computer.
- save_zone_computer saves the zone computer with its current settings to Active Directory.
- set_zone_computer_field sets a field value in the currently selected zone computer.