select_zone_group command to retrieve a zone group in the currently selected zone from Active Directory. The command stores the zone group in memory and makes it the currently selected zone group for subsequent ADEdit commands. The zone group remains selected until you select another zone group, delete the zone group, or end the ADEdit session.
If you use ADEdit commands such as
set_zone_group_field to change settings for the zone group, you must save the zone group using the
save_zone_group command for your changes to take effect in Active Directory. If you select another zone group or end the ADEdit session before saving the currently selected zone group, your changes will be lost.
Classic and hierarchical
This command takes no options.
This command takes the following argument:
Required. Specifies the user principal name (UPN) of a zone group in the currently selected zone.
This command returns nothing if it runs successfully.
This example looks for the group named
poweradmins in the current zone and, if found, selects it as the current zone group.
Before you use this command, you must have a currently selected zone stored in memory. The following commands enable you to view and select zone groups:
- get_zone_groups returns a Tcl list of the Active Directory names of all zone groups in the current zone.
- list_zone_groups lists to
stdoutthe zone groups in the current zone.
- new_zone_group creates a new zone group and stores it in memory.
After you have a zone group stored in memory, you can use the following commands to work with that zone group:
- delete_zone_group deletes the selected zone group from Active Directory and from memory.
- get_zone_group_field reads a field value from the currently selected zone group.
- save_zone_group saves the selected zone group with its current settings to Active Directory.
- set_zone_group_field sets a field value in the currently selected zone group.