select_zone_user command to retrieve a zone user in the currently selected zone from Active Directory. This command stores the zone user in memory, and makes it the currently selected zone user for subsequent ADEdit commands. The zone user remains selected until you select another zone user, delete the zone user, or end the ADEdit session.
If you use ADEdit commands such as
set_zone_user_field to change settings for the zone user, you must save the zone user using the
save_zone_user command for your changes to take effect in Active Directory. If you select another zone user or end the ADEdit session before saving the currently selected zone user, your changes will be lost.
Classic and hierarchical
This command takes no options.
This command takes the following argument:
Required. Specifies the sAMAccountName@domain or user principal name (UPN) of a zone user in the currently selected zone.
ADEdit resolves the user with the sAMAcccountName first, then the UPN. If the zone user is an orphan user—that is, the corresponding Active Directory user no longer exists—you must specify the user’s security identifier (SID) instead.
This command returns nothing if it runs successfully.
This example looks for the Active Directory user
adam.avery in the current zone and, if found, selects that user as the current zone user.
Before you use this command, you must have a currently selected zone stored in memory. The following commands enable you to view and select a zone user:
- get_zone_users returns a Tcl list of the Active Directory names of all zone users in the current zone.
- list_zone_users lists to
stdoutthe zone users and their NSS data in the current zone.
- new_zone_user creates a new zone user and stores it in memory.
- select_zone_user retrieves a zone user from Active Directory and stores it in memory.
After you have a zone user stored in memory, you can use the following commands to work with that zone user:
- delete_zone_user deletes the selected zone user from Active Directory and from memory.
- get_zone_user_field reads a field value from the currently selected zone user.
- save_zone_user saves the selected zone user with its current settings to Active Directory.
- set_zone_user_field sets a field value in the currently selected zone user.