set_role_assignment_field command to sets the value for a specified field in the currently selected role assignment stored in memory. The
set_role_assignment_field command does not set a field value stored in Active Directory for this role assignment.
If you change any fields, you must save the role assignment using the save_role_assignment command for your changes to take effect in Active Directory. If you select another role assignment or end the ADEdit session before saving the currently selected role assignment, your changes will be lost.
You can only use the
set_role_assignment_field command if the currently selected zone is a classic4 or hierarchical zone. The command does not work in other types of zones.
Classic and hierarchical
set_role_assignment_field field value
This command takes no options.
This command takes the following arguments:
Required. Specifies the name of the field that you want to set. The possible values are:
depends on field
Required. Specifies the value to assign to the specified field.
In some cases, you can assign a dash (-) or an empty string to unset a field value. However, this is not supported for all fields or all zone types.
This command returns nothing if it runs successfully.
set_role_assignment_field role su-root/global
This example assigns the role named
su-root that is defined in the
Before you use this command, you must have a currently selected zone stored in memory. The following commands enable you to view and select a role assignment:
- get_role_assignments returns a Tcl list of role assignments in the current zone.
- list_role_assignments lists to
stdoutthe role assignments in the current zone.
- new_role_assignment creates a new role assignment and stores it in memory.
- select_role_assignment retrieves a role assignment from Active Directory and stores it in memory.
After you have a role assignment stored in memory, you can use the following commands to work with that role assignment:
- delete_role_assignment deletes the selected role assignment from Active Directory and from memory.
- get_role_assignment_field reads a field value from the currently selected role assignment.
- save_role_assignment saves the selected role assignment with its current settings to Active Directory.
- write_role_assignment saves the selected role assignment to a file.