set_zone_computer_field command to set the value for a specified field in the currently selected zone computer stored in memory. The
set_zone_computer_field command does not set a field value stored in Active Directory for this zone computer.
If you change any fields, you must save the zone computer using the save_zone_computer command for your changes to take effect in Active Directory. If you select another zone computer or end the ADEdit session before saving the currently selected zone computer, your changes will be lost.
Classic and hierarchical
set_zone_computer_field field value
This command takes no options.
This command takes the following arguments:
Required. Specifies the name of the field whose value want set. The possible values are:
Required. Specifies the value to assign to the specified field.
In some cases, you can assign a dash (-) to a field to unset the field value. However, this is not supported for all fields or all zone types.
This command returns nothing if it runs successfully.
set_zone_computer_field cpus 2
This example sets the current zone computer’s number of CPUs to 2.
Before you use this command, you must have a currently selected zone stored in memory. The following commands enable you to view and manage the zone computers:
- get_zone_computers returns a Tcl list of the Active Directory names of all zone computers in the current zone.
- list_zone_computers lists to
stdoutthe zone computers in the current zone.
- new_zone_computer creates a new zone computer and stores it in memory.
- select_zone_computer retrieves a zone computer from Active Directory and stores it in memory.
After you have a zone computer stored in memory, you can use the following commands to work with that zone computer:
- delete_zone_computer deletes the zone computer from Active Directory and from memory.
- get_zone_computer_field reads a field value from the currently selected zone computer.
- save_zone_computer saves the zone computer with its current settings to Active Directory.
- set_zone_computer_field sets a field value in the currently selected zone computer.