Administrative tasks you can perform
Using the Centrify Windows API, you can perform a wide range of common administrative tasks, including the following:
- Add, modify, and delete zones, including hierarchical zones.
- Add, modify, and delete users within zones.
- Add, modify, and delete groups in zones.
- Add, modify, and delete computers in zones.
- Create, modify, and delete rights, roles, and role assignments.
- Check on licenses and keys.
- Create, modify, and delete NIS maps and NIS map entries.
For examples of performing common activities such as these using Centrify objects, see the sample scripts included with the software package.
Although you can use the Centrify Windows API to perform many common administrative tasks programmatically, you cannot create new Active Directory users or groups directly. To create new Active Directory user or group objects, you must use the underlying Active Directory Service Interfaces (ADSI) rather than the abstracted interface provided by the Centrify Windows API. To learn how to create user or group objects programmatically or perform other tasks that are not provided by the Centrify Windows API, such as changing access rights, refer to Microsoft’s ADSI documentation.