Centrify Deployment Manager 5.4.3 (2017.3) Release Notes
© 2008-2017 Centrify Corporation.
This software is protected by international copyright laws.
All Rights Reserved.
Centrify Deployment Manager is a part of Centrify Infrastructure Services. It enables you to identify non-Windows computers within your environment and analyze their readiness to integrate with Centrify DirectControl agent for *NIX and Active Directory, as well as perform deployment of Centrify Infrastructure Services to these computers.
You need to download the latest Centrify product catalog from Centrify Download Center before you can use Centrify Deployment Manager to do deployment.
For a list of the supported platforms by this release, refer to the “Supported Platforms” section in the Centrify Infrastructure Services release notes.
For a list of platforms that Centrify will remove support in upcoming releases, refer to the “Notice of Termination Support” section in the Centrify Infrastructure Services release notes.
The Centrify Infrastructure Services release notes and documents are available online at http://docs.centrify.com.
Centrify software is protected by U.S. Patents 7,591,005; 8,024,360; 8,321,523; 9,015,103; 9,112,846; 9,197,670; 9,378,391 and 9,442,962. (Ref: CS-44575)
· Additional new OS platforms are supported for deployment of Centrify Infrastructure Services. For a list of the supported platforms in this release, refer to the “Supported Platforms” section in the Centrify Infrastructure Services release notes. (Ref: CS-43818)
· Centrify PuTTY 5.4.2 bundled in Centrify Deployment Manager is upgraded based on stock PuTTY 0.69. (Ref: CS-43324, CS-42839)
- This includes security fixes for CVE-2016-6167 and CVE-2017-6542.
· Centrify product catalog is now separated from all software ISO/ZIP. The product catalog can be downloaded separately from Centrify download center or through Centrify Deployment Manager automatic product catalog import feature. (Ref: CS-42888)
Please note that Centrify Deployment Manager requires the Centrify product catalog to be imported first before using the "Download Software" feature. Even if the Centrify Infrastructure Services software has already been downloaded into a local or network drive which is then specified as the software location, Centrify Deployment Manager will still not be able to detect any package if the product catalog is not imported. You can get the latest product catalog from "Download Software" wizard, or import the product catalog manually in the Centrify Deployment Manager console root node context menu.
· Additional new OS platforms are supported for deployment of Centrify Infrastructure Services. For a list of the supported platforms in this release, refer to the “Supported Platforms” section in the Centrify Infrastructure Services release notes. (Ref: CS-42656)
· When using Deployment Manager to upgrade the Centrify Mac agent from a previous version, if you change the license mode at the same time, e.g. from Express Edition to Standard Edition, you may get an error in the “Add Software / Join Zone” action in the Deployment Manager console. This is now fixed. (Ref: CS-38453)
· Centrify Deployment Manager cannot download Centrify product catalog and software in an environment where TLS 1.0 is not allowed. This is now fixed. (Ref: CS-44065)
For the most up to date list of known issues, please login to the Customer Support Portal at http://www.centrify.com/support and refer to Knowledge Base articles for any known issues with this product.
In addition to the documentation provided with this package, you can find the answers to common questions and information about any general or platform-specific known limitations as well as tips and suggestions from the Centrify Knowledge Base.
The Centrify Resources web site provides access to a wide range of information including analyst report, best practice brief, case study, datasheet, ebook, white papers, etc., that may help you optimize your use of Centrify products. For more information, see the Centrify Resources web site:
You can also contact Centrify Support directly with your questions through the Centrify Web site, by email, or by telephone. To contact Centrify Support or to get help with installing or using this software, send email to email@example.com or call 1-669-444-5200, option 2. For information about purchasing or evaluating Centrify products, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.